Development and Consulting Services
This is a simple program used to do a quick Search or a Search and Replace of Strings in your Registry. I developed this for use at my work where I need to do Search and Replacing of Registry entries sometimes to fix PC's. It has been extensively used at my work but I must stress my disclaimer below.
Check out the Screen Shots of the Registry Replacer.
Read the FAQ for additional information/questions that you may have or send me an email.
- Quick Search of Registry Keys
- Quick Search and Replace of Registry Keys
- Custom Selection of Registry Key Types for searches
- Creation of Registry Undo files
- Easy to use interface
- Easy Editing of found Registry Keys
- Exporting Search Results to CSV or INF files
- Open Microsoft's RegEdit at found Registry Key locations
- Connect to a remote machines Registry to perform Registry Replace functions
- Enable Search and "Delete" for Registry Replace operation (if you want to be daring)
- Auto Start and Auto Close (with Hiding of Window) for Automated Search and Replace operations (ie. Login scripts etc)
- Backup/Restore of Registry Hives
- Loading/Unloading of Backed up Hives to search/review
This program is released as SHAREWARE and can be used freely for a period of 30 days. After that period you must either pay a fee of $15(US) or delete the software from your machine.
If you are using a 64-bit operating system use the latest version of the product or version 22.214.171.124 or greater. This product is very technical and will display everything it is trying to do (even errors). Some standard registry keys are not editable and will not let you change them.
The shareware version of RegReplace has Binary Search and Replace disabled.
This program comes AS IS and I take no responsibility for what it may do to your machine. Playing with the registry can cause your machine to no longer operate correctly. By downloading this program you agreed to these terms and use this AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Download Registry Replace Version 126.96.36.199 BETA 2 (EXE Only) (188.8.131.52 BETA 2)
- Re-wrote Undo functionality
- Added .REG as an undo option (Fully working for Registered Users)
- NOTE: .INF UNDO FUNCTIONALITY IS DISABLED IN THIS BETA VERSION
Download Registry Replace Version 184.108.40.206 BETA (EXE Only) (220.127.116.11 BETA)
- Re-wrote registry writing functions
- Fixed some 64-bit registry functions
- Added logging options
- Locked the system to use 32bit OR 64bit registry when searching
- Added additional error checking and reporting
- Added Simulation Mode so you can see what regreplace would do without any changes happening (.INI file change)
- NOTE: ALL UNDO FUNCTIONALITY IS DISABLED IN THIS BETA VERSION
Download Registry Replace Version 18.104.22.168 (EXE Only) (22.214.171.124)
- Added 64-bit Operating System Support.
- An option is now available to select scanning 32-bit registry keys or 64-bit registry keys
Download Registry Replace Version 126.96.36.199 (EXE Only) (188.8.131.52)
- Add DEBUG=1 to the .ini file to enable debug logging for support.
Download Registry Replace Version 1.2.8 (EXE Only) (1.2.8)
- UAC Update. This can be applied to all installs but is primarily for any Vista, Windows 7 and 2003 Server+ users that are having security issues or access denied issues.
Download Registry Replace Version 1.2.7 (EXE Only) (1.2.7)
- New Update. Please apply to all installs.
Download Registry Replace Version 1.2 (Full Install) (184.108.40.206) (Zip Format)
Download Registry Replace Version 1.2 (Full Install) (220.127.116.11) (Zip EXE Format)
NOTE TO WEB SITES: If you are linking to my web site to allow users to download the Registry Replacer please use the following link. This link ALWAYS exists and is ALWAYS the latest released version of the Registry Replacer software. Download Registry Replace Version 1.2
If you are interested in purchasing go to my Purchasing Page for more details.
If you have any feature requests just e-mail me at email@example.com.
If you wish to be updated about any new releases of the Registry Replacer then e-mail me and I will add you to the list.
Version Release Information
Version 18.104.22.168 (currently being developed)
- Re-written key modification procedures to allow for 64-bit systems and unique permission requirements
- Simulation Mode to let regreplace act as it would without actually making the changes
- Re-written some of the search logic code
- Created new undo functionality to write to a .REG file instead of a .INF file.
- Added 64-bit Operating System Detection.
- Added "Scan Method" option for 64-bit Operating Systems. A=Automatic scanning method, 32=scan only the 32-bit registry, 64=scan only the 64-bit registry.
- Added the option to enable a debug log by putting DEBUG=1 in the .ini file.
- Added UAC (User Access Control) functionality to the application for security issues with Vista/Windows7/2003 Server)
- Fixed an issue with manually editing keys after finding them with regreplace
- If you install the application and relog as a different user it will force regreplace to expire its 30 days trial period. Since it was designed for a user license it was based on the current user. This has been adjusted for the trial license. This is only available as a seperate download and only needed if the 30 days expires before its time is up. Thank you to those who emailed me about this. I did receive abusive emails about this and did not appreciate those emails, the function was not intentional.
- Modified permission requirements for regreplace. Should now produce more effective search results.
- Some additional permissions checking has been done to allow changing of keys even if you don't have write permission to lower level keys (Bug Fix)
- Additional work has been done to check for permissions and report any permission problems with registry access.
- Bug fix where REG_EXPAND_SZ was replaced with REG_SZ incorrectly.